When my husband Brian died, I suddenly felt like an alien.
As a highly sensitive being, I could literally feel people’s discomfort around me, even as I knew that they only wanted to help. I yearned for a sisterhood of women who understood what this was like. A circle where I felt like I belonged. And where I could finally take off my mask.
Bringing widows together through New Moon Mira, has become one of my missions. Creating spaces where we can feel safe to show our true selves, without looks of pity reflected back at us. Spaces where we can have our cups poured into from others who are walking this same path.
Hosting an in-person widows retreat is a dream come true for me. Expect four days of delicious food, cozy fireside hangs, deep sleeps, gentle movement, hot saunas, cold dips (if you like!), and the building of lifelong connections.
- Four days and three nights in beautiful Prince Edward County, on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Private cozy cabins at the top of an escarpment + surrounded by nature (both double occupancy and solo cabin options)
- Three gorgeous organic plant-based meals a day - sourced from local farmers, foraged from the land, and artfully crafted to your plate PLUS organic fair-trade coffee + tea, and optional wine with dinner (dietary preferences can be accommodated)
- Daily gentle somatic movement and ritual
- Daily grief coaching circles
- Easeful, rambling autumn nature walks with your widow sisters - through an untouched 300 year-old forest, environmentally protected wetlands, and along 1400 ft of waterfront and stone covered beach
- Wood-fire saunas + group cold dips (if you’d like!)
- Warm fireside chats during crisp autumn evenings
- Option to book a private massage (for a small additional cost)
- An intimate, nourishing experience on a stunning private property, which you will never forget
What’s Not Included:
- Flight to Toronto Pearson International or Billy Bishop Airport
- Transportation from the airport to the retreat centre (2.5-3 hours - we are here to support you in organizing travel together - lots of options!)
Embrace nature, let go of responsibility, and connect to the beauty and simplicity of just being.
What past participants of Mira’s grief programs are saying:
“I have felt so blessed by Mira and am so grateful for her. Not just what she offers in her work with widows and grievers - but how she is as a person. I’m grateful for her heart. It’s so loving and grounded and sparkling - and I feel blessed to have her in my circle. I honestly feel like so much of my healing has been “supersonic”, on speed dial, and in “ultra-mode” because of Mira’s group. It will literally stick with me for the rest of my life and I cannot wait to join more New Moon Mira programs and retreats.”
“I can’t say enough about @newmoonmira and the impact she has had on my broken heart. I cannot wait to join another group, whether that be online or, hopefully, in person. Mira is a miracle that happened in my life and I am forever grateful.”
“Mira’s groups have became a place of safety for me - characterized by honesty, genuine understanding, and a guidance that has steadied me when I have felt so untethered in the world. As a gifted and experienced group facilitator, Mira creates an incredible container that immediately feels safe. I have learned so much from Mira about how grief and trauma live in our bodies, not just in our thoughts and feelings. Because of the somatic work Mira has taught me, I have begun to explore and use these practices myself. I am surviving what has felt un-survivable. I trust Mira implicitly and know that she will continue to be an important part of my grief journey.”
The Energy of the Experience
Imagine finally exhaling in a space where you don’t have to keep up your guard.
The New Moon Mira Widows Retreat is all about filling your cup. My wish is that you leave feeling well rested, well nourished, and with a heart that is full.
With nature surrounding us, warm food in our bellies, and rich conversation ringing in our ears — we will carve out space for ourselves and for all of our needs.
Every day will be a combination of rest, serenity, connection, and movement.
Get ready for deep grief coaching circles and somatic work, as well as laughter and joy — the duality of grief at its essence.
I can’t wait to see you there.
Prior to becoming a widow, Mira Simone, MSc, worked as an occupational therapist with people who had sustained a brain injury, were living with chronic pain & illness, and individuals with developmental disabilities. Grief and holding space for it, was always a part of her work, but experiencing the loss of her partner Brian in 2019, and then her father in 2021, opened up an entirely new awareness of the grief experience for her.
Mira is a registered mental health occupational therapist in Ontario, Canada with a decade of experience leading groups and providing 1:1 support.
She writes and speaks publicly about the grief experience and is currently writing a memoir with support from the Canada Council for the Arts.
Mira founded New Moon Mira to create the grief space *she* was looking for when her partner first died.
Mira is a sensitive soul, a deep feeler, and a creator. She loves warm drinks, cozy spaces, and laughter.
How many women will be on the retreat?
I’m an introvert and don’t do well with a packed schedule, is this retreat for me?
I have zero experience with somatic work, does this matter?
Can I request a specific roommate?
How many women to each cabin?
My partner and I weren’t married, can I still come?
What if I don’t know anyone else coming?
I don’t want to cold dip, this makes me nervous!
Join us for the INAUGURAL New Moon Mira Widows Retreat.
I can’t wait to share space with you.
You will have one other woman in your cabin.
Space for 6-10 women (price is per person)